The POSITION | About YOU:
We are looking for a hands-on Legal Counsel who will oversee and handle the company’s legal matters such as agreement drafting, contract reviews/negotiations and sample clauses/document management for both client and partner/supplier contracts and also actively contribute to product definition and validation for our KYC/AML, payments and compliance products. Regulatory watch, advisory to the management and teams, and a contribution to the company’s risk/compliance framework (policies, prodedures, guidelines) and to regulator relations will also be part of your responsibilities.
You should have a solid (min. 5 years) experience in or with the financial industry and a fair knowledge of both IT (outsourcing) services agreements drafting/negotiations and EU (ideally also Luxembourg) financial industry regulation topics (compliance, AML, outsourcing, data protection and payments). A good understanding of processes, business models and setups for digital products and services in the financial industry (SaaS, PaaS, outsourcing, cloud …) would be quite helpful. You should have a law degree.
This position can be either part time or full time (20 to 40 hours/week).
The COMPANY | About US:
Finologee (www.finologee.com) is one of Luxembourg’s leading digital finance platform operators. The company facilitates the financial industry’s quest for optimisation and innovation with its compliant platforms and APIs for bank compliance (PSD2 for Banks & CEDRS), mobile payments and telecom routing (Digicash & Mpulse), professional payments (LYNKS) and KYC/AML (KYC Manager & Digital Onboarding). Finologee serves more than 100 banks and institutions, handling 25 million transactions a year on their behalf. Placing user experience, technology and compliance at the core of the business, Finologee’s founders have been blazing a trail for FinTech ‘made in Luxembourg’ since 2006. With a staff of 38, the company is ISO 27001 certified and is operating as a regulated financial services professional under a ‘Support PFS’ licence granted by the Ministry of Finance.
More about what it means to work at Finologee: http://jobs.finologee.com
With us you will…
- Oversee and handle legal matters of the company: you will be the go-to person for legal topics and issues, reporting to the CFO/Head of Administration. You’ll have to manage, improve and maintain the company’s agreements with partners/suppliers and clients. You’ll draft and handle various categories of agreements, product and service T&Cs, partnership agreements and MoUs, SLAs, DPAs and other legal documents.
- You will assist our business teams in negotiations with clients, review clients comments on Finologee contracts and evaluate client agreements.
- You will monitor the legal and regulatory evolution in relevant industries (financial services and telecommunications).
- You will also be involved in our product definition and validation processes: given the nature of products we develop, regulatory compliance is a key component, both for us and for our clients that use these products and components to remain/become compliant with financial industry regulation.
- You’ll also help our compliance department with defining, drafting, validating and implementing procedures and in dealing with auditors, the regulator and other authorities.
What we expect from you…
- You should have a Law degree (Bachelor or LL.M.) or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years relevant experience in (or as/with a service provider to) the financial industry, dealing with IT services agreements and regulatory compliance (KYC, PSD2, outsourcing, data protection …)
- A fair knowledge of technical services agreements, terms and conditions, service level agreements, DPAs and other relevant legal document drafting and negotiation
- Both an audit/risk management experience and partnership/procurement management/negotiation skills would be useful
- A very good understanding, a deep passion and a genuine curiosity for digital, technology-driven and (ideally) financial industry products, business models and ecosystems
- To be fluent in English and preferably to have a good command of French
In return you will get…
- An exciting and interesting role in Luxembourg’s vibrant Fintech scene with the freedom to be creative and to be responsible for the success of the projects from the start
- The opportunity to become a part of one of the prime FinTech teams in Luxembourg, with highly-skilled industry experts, led by entrepreneurs that have been shaping successful digital finance products and building ecosystems for more than 20 years
- An attractive salary package that matches with your role and responsibilities
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunity
- The opportunity to be part of a multicultural and startup-minded team
- A position where you will play an active role in a variety of steps and contexts of digital product building for the financial industry, from the concept to delivery and operations, where you can truly make a difference
- A nice place to work: spacious and modern offices located in the Leudelange business district, close to Luxembourg-City with easy access by bus or car.
Should you not hear from us within 8 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. For more information, please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
People are at the very heart of our corporate culture, thus we believe in handling their recruitment ourselves. We do not deal with recruitment or staffing agencies, so please refrain from enquiring if you are one.