With us you will…
• Oversee and handle legal matters of the company: you will be the go-to person for legal topics and issues, reporting to the CEO (who is in charge of legal and the product strategy). This means that you’ll have to manage, improve and maintain the company’s agreements with partners/suppliers and clients. You’ll draft and handle various categories of agreements, product and service T&Cs, partnership agreements and MoUs, SLAs, DPAs and other legal documents. You will assist our business teams in negotiations with clients. You will monitor the legal and regulatory evolution in relevant industries (financial services and telecommunications). You will also be involved in our product definition and validation processes: given the nature of products we develop, regulatory compliance is a key component, both for us and for our clients that use these products and components to remain/become compliant with financial industry regulation. You’ll also help our compliance department with validating and implementing procedures and in dealing with auditors, the regulator and other authorities.
• Build and maintain our partners and suppliers network for our FinTech Marketplace: identify relevant players for features, components and APIs our customers are interested in, gather documentation, negotiate commercial terms, conditions, draft and negotiate agreements and maintain them over time, run due diligence at compliance level and coordinate technical due diligence, define and carry out audits, risk assessments and collect and compile documentation on the partners (with the help of our IT teams), create and update and additional layer of documentation on partners meeting the requirements of our financial industry-regulated clients, liaise with business analysts, our product and sales team to identify opportunities and needs for additional partners and features, maintain and nurture relations with the partners over time, and finally report to the company’s founders (CEO).
What we expect from you…
- You should have a Law degree (Bachelor or LL.M.) or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years relevant experience in (or as/with a service provider to) the financial industry, dealing with (technical) services agreements and regulatory compliance (KYC, PSD2, outsourcing, data protection …)
- A fair knowledge of technical services agreements, terms and conditions, service level agreements, DPAs and other relevant legal document drafting and negotiation
- Both an audit/risk management experience and partnership/procurement management skills would be useful
- A very good understanding, a deep passion and a genuine curiosity for digital, technology-driven and (ideally) financial industry products, business models and ecosystems
- To be fluent in English and to have a good command of French
In return you will get…
- A full-time job with us!
- An attractive salary package that matches with your role and responsibilities.
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunity.
- The opportunity to be part of a multicultural and startup-minded team.
- A nice place to work: spacious and modern offices located close to Luxembourg-City with easy access by bus or car.