The POSITION | About YOU: We are looking for a Head of Business Development for our business-to-business software-as-a-service products. You will be leading the Business Development team to identify rising business opportunities around bank compliance, KYC, payments, telecom and other digitisation/API products for the financial industry, develop partnerships and build long-term relationships with prospects and existing clients to generate new leads for the company and help it grow. You will be responsible for setting strategic directions for business development. You should have strong consulting skills and be able to build lasting relationships with clients, partners and other company departments to define viable approaches in line with relevant industry standards and best practices. You will also be in charge of liaising with product management, tech and ops teams. We expect you to bring energy and passion to the role that inspires those in the department reporting to you and within the wider company.
A solid experience of digital B2B/SaaS product marketing and commercialisation would be helpful. A genuine interest and relevant experience with digital KYC, bank payment processes and/or API/FinTech features would also be considered an asset for the position.
The COMPANY | About US: Finologee (www.finologee.com) is one of Luxembourg’s leading digital finance platform operators. The company facilitates the financial industry’s quest for optimisation and innovation with its compliant platforms and APIs for bank compliance (PSD2 for Banks & CEDRS), mobile payments and telecom routing (Digicash & Mpulse), professional payments (ENPAY) and KYC/AML (KYC Manager & Digital Onboarding). Finologee serves more than 100 banks and institutions, handling 25 million transactions a year on their behalf. Placing user experience, technology and compliance at the core of the business, Finologee’s founders have been blazing a trail for FinTech ‘made in Luxembourg’ since 2006. With a staff of 38, the company is ISO 27001 certified and is operating as a regulated financial services professional under a ‘Support PFS’ licence granted by the Ministry of Finance.
More about what it means to work at Finologee: http://jobs.finologee.com
With us you will…
- Define and be accountable for the company’s business development strategy definition and management, with the help of the company’s CSO whom you will also be reporting to directly.
- Lead the company’s business development department (KYC, payments, bank compliance, telco and others): organise market analyses and benchmarks, collect as much information as possible about market leads, key problems, and a need to have a solution.
- Lead and coach the team, set and monitor priorities and team members’ performances.
- Work side by side with other departments (dev, ops and product management) to build a competitive position in the market.
- Be accountable for marketing and sales efforts and strategies for all the company’s products and platforms.
- Contribute to the company’s general strategy and priorities definitions and their roll-out as a member of the management team, and finally help with the definition and deployment of the company’s products, platforms and services.
- Coordinate the company’s partner network, identify and assess partners at business, technical and compliance levels (with the help of other departments), lead negotiations, monitor and cultivate relations over time, to generate new leads for the company.
What we expect from you…
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in B2B software product Business Development – senior position, preferably in digital finance, or alternatively in other digital B2B product/SaaS contexts
- Proven leadership and team management skills as a team/department lead or co-lead/deputy
- A good understanding of modern business applications/interface design and architecture as well as of the benefits and challenges of a SaaS infrastructure and FinTech/RegTech platform value proposition
- A solid knowledge in at least one of the core areas we address with our platforms (KYC/AML processes, professional/bank payment connectivity, mobile payments, telecom messaging, FinTech/RegTech APIs …)
- Languages: good command of English and French, solid writing skills
- Education: a university degree in business, engineering/IT or other
- Desire to work in a fast-paced innovation-driven company, working with the company’s founders, with a genuine accountability for tasks and projects
- Being a European Union citizen or having a valid work permit for Luxembourg
In return you will get…
- A position where you will play an active role in a variety of steps and contexts of digital product building for the financial industry, from the concept to delivery and operations, where you can truly make a difference
- The opportunity to become a part of one of the prime FinTech teams in Luxembourg, with highly-skilled industry experts, led by entrepreneurs that have been shaping successful digital finance products and building ecosystems for more than 20 years
- The opportunity to be part of a multicultural and startup-minded team
- A nice place to work: spacious and modern offices located in the Leudelange business district, close to Luxembourg-City with easy access by bus or car.
Should you not hear from us within 8 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. For more information, please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
People are at the very heart of our corporate culture, thus we believe in handling their recruitment ourselves. We do not deal with recruitment or staffing agencies, so please refrain from enquiring if you are one.