The POSITION | About YOU: We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to work with our fantastic engineering team. We need someone who has an extensive experience in backend development. Someone who loves Java ecosystem and leverages Spring Boot stack for developing top notch web applications, highly maintainable and scalable. Someone who knows, strongly advocates for and applies clean code principles in day-to-day development. You should have a strong knowledge of modern tools and technologies for architecting applications and accelerating the development process. You have a genuine interest in creating bleeding-edge financial services products for a wide range of local and international customers.
The COMPANY | About US: Finologee (www.finologee.com) is one of Luxembourg’s prime financial Platform-as-a-Service operators, facilitating the financial industry’s quest for optimisation and innovation with its compliant platforms and APIs for bank payments (PSD2 & Digicash), telecom routing/micropayments and KYC/authentication. The company is serving more than 100 banks and institutions, handles hundreds of millions of transactions on their behalf and its founders have been continuously paving the way for FinTech ‘made in Luxembourg’ since 2006. Finologee is based in Leudelange with a staff of 40 and holds a ‘Support PFS’ licence, under the supervision of the financial services regulator CSSF.
More about what it means to work at Finologee…
With us you will…
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Design the architecture of applications – choose the best setup and the best tools to solve the task at hand. Ensure applications are designed to be secure, resilient, well performing, and scalable from ground up.
- Define API interfaces and interactions between microservice components and manage their lifecycles.
- Implement business logic in the backend – write the code that forms the core of our fintech products.
- Be creative, develop new features and improve existing ones – work closely with product managers and designers to identify the best and most efficient way to solve customer problems.
- Identify technical debt and eliminate it from the code base with ongoing improvements and refactoring spirit.
- Write meaningful unit tests covering all the functionality.
- Run tests, push code, get it approved by your peers and deployed in production the same day – all our applications run in a cloud environment and are deployed as Docker containers into Kubernetes cluster using CI/CD pipelines.
- Mentor teammates through code review, pair programming, and process refinement, increase the confidence in our deployments by improving testing and reliability frameworks
- Investigate and resolve production issues with the help of our operations and DevOps teams.
What we expect from you…
- 5+ years of professional experience as a backend developer
- High proficiency in Java 17+
- Strong knowledge in Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Data JPA / Hibernate
- A good working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is a strong plus
- A working knowledge of Angular with TypeScript is considered as a strong plus
- A solid experience in modern web-application architecture, design and development
- Participation in the full development lifecycle, including design, implementation, continuous integration and delivery
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic to work in a small and dynamic team, delivering new features on a daily basis
- Fluent in English (other languages are a plus).
In return you will get…
- The opportunity to become a part of one of the prime FinTech teams in Luxembourg, with highly-skilled industry experts, led by entrepreneurs that have been shaping successful digital finance products and building ecosystems for more than 20 years.
- An attractive salary package that matches with your role and responsibilities.
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunity.
- The opportunity to be part of a multicultural and startup-minded team.
- A position where you will play an active role in a variety of steps and contexts of digital product building for the financial industry, from the concept to delivery and operations, where you can truly make a difference.
- A nice place to work: spacious and modern offices located in the Leudelange business district, close to Luxembourg-City with easy access by bus or car.
Should you not hear from us within 8 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. For more information, please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
People are at the very heart of our corporate culture, thus we believe in handling their recruitment ourselves. We do not deal with recruitment or staffing agencies, so please refrain from enquiring if you are one.